Last updated: October 4, 2018
The Purpose of the Policy
We take your privacy seriously. We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat the information that you provide us as you use the Service (“Collected Information“).
This Policy applies only to information collected through the Service. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any material changes will take effect immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, which we may do by means including but not limited to posting the revised Policy on this page. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and consent to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in these ways:
- User-Provided Information. We offer users the option in the Apps to manually enter free-form text as mood journal entries which may contain hash tags, photos and geolocation information. We do not receive this information; it is stored locally on your mobile device, and the manufacturer of your device or the developer of the device’s operating system (Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android) may access or use that information pursuant to their own privacy policies.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically collect or generate information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer; web pages that you access within the Service; geographic information; a unique user ID; the type of browser, device or operating system you use; referring services or websites; search information; and usage and browsing information.
We refer to all of the information described in this section as “Collected Information.”
How We Use Collected Information
We use Collected Information to deliver services to you and for communicating with you about the Service.
User-Provided Information is stored locally on your mobile device, and we do not receive it or have access to it.
We may also provide you the option, if you affirmatively opt in, to export and transmit your User-Provided Information to a Third-Party Service of your choice such as Dropbox or iCloud, and in that case, we still will not receive or have access to that information.
We will never use your personally identifiable information for our own purposes, except as expressly described in this Policy.
How We Disclose Collected Information to Others
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose Collected Information to anyone, except:
- where necessary for us to work with third-party companies that we use to provide the Service (“Third-Party Services,” detailed below);
- in response to a court order or where required by law;
- to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct;
- to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These include Google Analytics, Dropbox, iCloud, and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services store and use Collected Information pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. By using our Service, you consent to our providing Collected Information with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
We use reasonable efforts to protect your Collected Information from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that your Collected Information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you (a) consent to our using your Collected Information as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of Confidential Information by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of Confidential Information.
“Do Not Track” Technology
If you use Do-Not-Track tools to prevent websites and software products from tracking your online behavior across websites, please be aware that we do not change the way the Service works (as described in this Policy) in response to requests not to be tracked. You may, however, be able to disable certain tracking signals used by individual Third-Party Services, which you may do by accessing those services.
Cookies and other storage technologies
When you use the Service, we or our Third-Party Services may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies, web beacons or other storage technologies that store users’ IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Service. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how do to so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of Collected Information except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to us [email protected].